Monday, July 15, 2013

July Sketch Challenge

It's sketch challenge time over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! As we've been doing, this month you can do either a card or layout using the sketches (or both for two chances to win). This month, I used the layout sketch (by Shawn Lahr of Nuts About Sketches):


The twist is to use foam dots or tape to lift up some of the flat embellishments. Here is what I came up with:


I'm documenting a wild and crazy time that my guys had with some friends. The idea was to have a "box war" on Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) and have some fun before all this cardboard got recycled. Well the weather didn't cooperate so it got postponed for a few weeks, but it was worth it! The guys fashioned armor and weapons out of the boxes and then commenced smashing boxes right and left. What a mess! For the base of this layout I appropriately used some small gauge corrugated cardboard. I distressed it and peeled back parts of the facing to reveal the corrugations. I glued down the paper printed with my duotone image (Glue 'N Seal is WONDERFUL for this) and when it was dry, ripped parts of it back up and sanded the edges to get the distressed look.

Be sure to go and check out SEM and see what the other Design Team members have made to inspire you. If you complete one or both of the projects and link them up by July 31st, you will be entered to win a hand painted sign from Pure Painted Signs (Etsy:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/purepaintedsigns ). What a great prize! Don't miss out…

Many of the supplies I've used on my layout can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping.


4 comments:

  1. Lisa, this page totally conveys the fun, crazy day! (What a great idea, btw!)

    Hugs,
    Spike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Spike. =) I think the dads had as much fun as the kids!

      Delete
  2. Lisa, I love, love, love your work! You totally rocked the sketch and I really enjoy all the elements and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Box War...I must say that is something we have never done with a house full of girls. It looks like it was a total blast.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!