Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 - March

Well I'm cutting it pretty close again in getting my March tag done. It's not quite April yet though, whew! Once again I created a companion card to the tag, in this case actually using the "second generation" tag you create using the smudge stamping technique.


All the directions for creating this tag you can find on Tim's tutorial post. The smudge stamping is a fun technique and one I hadn't tried before (because I still haven't finished all the lessons from Creative Chemistry 102, oops!) I really like the new Spritzer too. It was easy to use with the Distress Markers. I found that if I positioned the marker so just the very tip was in front of the nozzle, I got a finer, lighter spray pattern. If I moved the marker down so the nozzle was blowing on the thicker part of the nib, I got a darker, coarser spray pattern. I thought that was nice - you can vary it depending on the look you're going for. It worked really well with the stencils too. I think I will be reaching for this tool often!

Most of the supplies I used for these can be found at Inspiration Emporium. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE to save 10% if you go shopping!



5 comments:

  1. Love you take on Tim's tag, awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice! I love that you did a card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice take on the March tag!
    You finished before the month ended, I still have mine to do!
    Your ahead of me!
    Thanks for sharing your tag and card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags came out lovely, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! What a difference the smudge makes - love 'em both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!