Monday, March 7, 2016

Felt ATCs with Eileen Hull's Stitchlits Flowers

Hello! I have been busy lately playing with Eileen's Stitchlits Flower die set and discovered that the thinlits dies cut through wool felt like butter! I like to make wool felt applique projects and these dies really lend themselves to it.


The two ATCs on the left were sewn onto "cards" cut out of super thick felt. The fabric for the card on the right is actually cut from a section of an old pair of jeans! All the flowers were cut from hand dyed wool felt I found at my local quilt store. Some of the flower dies in the set cut stitch holes as the flower is cut:

It's easy to use these as a guide as you are stitching with the embroidery floss. They are especially nice when you cut the parts out of cardstock or thin chipboard!

Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for a Needle Book I'm making that is similar to these ATCs. I'll wrap it up and post it soon. =)

The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)



4 comments:

  1. Lisa - these are delightful!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great set of ATC's , Lisa. So wonderful that they are made from felt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful in the felt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love stitching and die cutting wool felt! And such cute ATC's :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!