Thursday, December 8, 2016

Faux Snowball Porch Decor

Merry Christmas!! We're in the thick of it now! ;-) A month ago, Nicole Wright shared this super cute idea for porch decor. Being in the market for ideas to decorate our large porch, I immediately said, "I'm going to make those too!" I finally finished my version of them and I now have a lovely basket of snowballs by the front door. My wisecracking husband said I should just use real snowballs because it's 20 degrees and snowing now but where's the fun in that?


I had the wire basket and I picked up the styrofoam balls at Wal-Mart as well as a bottle of Mod Podge. I had a big jar of coarse Diamond Dust glitter that worked great for my sparkle. (Nicole used Epsom salts and Rock Candy Distress Glitter for her snowballs). I brushed each ball with the Mod Podge and then rolled it around in a pie tin of glitter. Let it dry and you're done! Super easy.


Using the Stacked Snowflakes die, I cut several flakes out of matboard (some covered with silver Deco Sheets) and glued them to twine. I hand lettered the tag sign and added the scalloped edge on the bottom. I really like the festive touch this project adds to my porch! Thanks Nicole for the inspiration! ;-)

I am also entering this into the Frilly & Funkie challenge Home For the Holidays! Be sure to go check it out!

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go.


4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Super simple one that looks like a lot of fun and will be sure to show up wonderfully. Have fun in your snow!!! I hope we get some soon. I love winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very fun! I bet it looks great on your front porch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Home for the Holidays" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your festive porch decor! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!