Monday, February 13, 2017

Quick & Easy Valentine Treats

Good evening! Last Friday my son came home with a letter from his teacher telling about the Valentine's Day party they were going to have on Tuesday. DOH! I should have realized that was most likely coming but it was totally under my radar. Treats for his classmates! What to do? It's hard to justify buying premade stuff when I have a whole room filled with paper and craft supplies (ahem…) but it had to be something simple because I have lots going on at the moment. My Eileen Hull dies saved the day! I think the lollipop flower idea has been around for ages but I went with it (quick & easy right? no need to reinvent the wheel!)

The only thing I had to buy was the lollipops (and my fabulous, wonderful husband went grocery shopping for me and picked them up.)

So are you ready for this?

Step 1 – Cut out the parts you need. (I needed to make 14 of them.)


I used the largest layer from the 3-D Wrapped Flower Die and the middle sized leaf from the Leaves Die. Super easy and I even cut three layers at a time from double sided patterned paper I already had in my stash. (Some from my scrap bin, score!) I wrote the names of the recipients on the leaves.

Step 2 – Apply adhesive to one edge of the blossom part. Tuck the lollipop into the center and wrap the blossom around the top of the pop, overlapping the edges a bit.




Step 3 – Attach the leaf. I used washi tape from my stash. Stick a strip to the leaf and then wrap it around the lollipop stick right under the blossom.


All done!! That was painless wasn't it? ;-)


Thanks for stopping by. Happy Valentine's Day!! Guess I'd better come up with a party snack to send along with him tomorrow too. Hmmmm…





The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go!

FYI, the flower die is retired but still available for now on the Sizzix site (and it's on sale!)



3 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!